Do you like waking up to the enticing aroma of coffee every morning? Do you find that your day is simply not complete until you get that first cup of coffee?
Nothing in the world quite tastes as good as the perfect cup of coffee right after waking up. One of the world’s most beloved beverages for thousands of years, man has long been in pursuit of better and more efficient ways to make their coffee taste better, smell stronger, and be made quicker.
Thanks to modern technology we are able to enjoy some of the highest quality cups of coffees history has ever known.
Why Brew Your Own Coffee?
If you really enjoy drinking coffee but don’t relish the high prices of your local coffee shop, then the home coffee maker is just the perfect machine for you. Just imagine waking up on a nasty winter morning and brewing your favorite choice of gourmet coffee while reading the paper.
Perhaps even pouring a big thermal travel mug for the trip to the office so that by the time you arrive at work you will be ready to start the day.
Types of Coffee Makers
Drip Coffee Makers
It is easy to use, add a coffee filter with ground coffee, and then fill the reservoir with water, turn it on and you can enjoy the delicious drink in a few minutes. No matter for individuals or groups, this kind of machine can offer enough amount of coffee because it can brew from 1 to 12 cups of coffee. Besides, Many models are fully automatic and programmable so you can set up the machine in advance.
Espresso Coffee Machines
Almost whatever type of ground coffee you like, dark or light roasts, modern espresso makers wiil meet your demands. Besides, it can make any number of espresso shots and its dual spout makes it possible to make either two separate shots or one double shot at the same time. Many models are equipped with programmable settings and there is a adjustable shot length to ensure the shot of espresso.
Its design is very simple, there are a tall cylinder, a plunger and a filter. Just need boiling water and coarsely grounded coffee and you can enjoy your good taste coffee.
Single Cup Makers
Single cup makers only suitable for small households because they only make one cup of coffee at a time. But they can provide a variety of pod flavors and styles so it can satisfy a lot of people. And you will not waste your time with its fast and efficient process.
What Makes a Better Cup of Coffee?
En route to finding the answers to these and many more questions, we find ourselves testing all the most popular brands including Mr. Coffee, Hamilton Beach and many others to sort out the truth behind the features that vary from machine to machine, and maker to maker.
There are many different types of coffee machines available today, and knowing which type of coffee or espresso maker is the best for you can help to narrow your focus, and save you time as well as your money.
Best Coffee Maker under $50 in 2020
Did you know that some brands of coffee makers are more reliable than others, and many coffee machines have been discontinued; it would be a waste of your time to read old coffee maker reviews.
Have you been working with a tight budget and been struggling to find the perfect coffee maker that will fit within that budget? If so, then keep reading. In this guide, we will take a look at three of the best coffee makers that cost less than $50 so that you can determine which one will work best for your needs.
Inside this post you will find only the most current 11 best coffee maker under $50 reviews on the top machines.
11- CHULUX – User Friendly Coffee Maker
CHULUX Coffee Maker is one of the most straightforward and user-friendly units out there. This one cup coffee maker is compatible with a majority of coffee pods so you don’t have to be restricted to one brand.
The reason why this model is so popular is due to the fact that it makes great-tasting coffee in 3 minutes. One-touch operation allows you to easily make your favorite coffee without pressing several buttons.
- CHULUX Coffee Maker is small and compact, taking up limited space on your counter.
- This is a K-cup compatible machine. Nearly all of the K-cups that we tried out from various brands worked best.
- The removable drip tray is capable of fitting a large variety of coffee mugs.
- Its water tank accommodates up to 12.7 oz, which may take up to 3 minutes to have a freshly brewed coffee.
- It has an auto-off function, which is perfect for a busy man who needs coffee
10- Black & Decker – Single Cup Coffee Maker
This single-cup coffee maker is a great personal brew maker for your home or office. It produces a single, 15 ounce cup of coffee directly into a stainless-steel travel mug. It is a good choice for commuters who want to brew-and-go!
For added convenience and easier brewing, this unit also features a convenient and simple one touch operation. You can use it to heat water for all sorts of hot drinks including tea or hot chocolate.
- The coffee maker is designed for convenience and ease of use: it has a permanent filter (so doesn’t need any disposable filter papers) and will shut itself off automatically after brewing.
- The stainless steel mug has a rubber handle and a lid to keep your freshly-brewed coffee piping hot.
- Tapered and with a standard 2-1/2-inch-diameter base, the mug fits most vehicle cup holders.
- The mug, filter, filter basket, and mug lid are all dishwasher-safe.
9- AdirChef Grab N’ Go – Personal Coffee Maker
The AdirChef is the best coffee maker under $50 if you’re on a tight budget. A simple Coffee Maker that takes up very little space on kitchen counters or in office cubicle. The Grab N’ Go comes as described, offering a great, compact single-cup coffee brewing system and mug for a busy individual.
A great pick for busy mornings, it comes with a permanent filter and an eco-friendly design to cut waste while saving you money at the same time.
- There is one button to turn the coffee maker on and off, and that’s it.
- The AdirChef also features a tapered mug to accommodate most vehicle cup holders, a handy function during long road trips.
- The superior technology ensures the coffee not only tastes good but is also aromatic to give you the “oomph” you need to start or keep you going through the day.
- All components of the Grab N’ Go can be washed in the dishwasher.
8- Hamilton Beach 48464 – Programmable Coffee Maker
The Hamilton Beach 48464 is a powerful digital coffee maker that can make up to 12 cups at one time. So whether you like to drink a lot of coffee or if you need to make coffee for your guests, there should be plenty to go around.
You can fill up the machine very quickly because of its special design, and you can adjust the brewing functions as needed depending on how much or how little coffee you need.
If you prefer to have smaller amounts of coffee than what the machine normally brews, you can set it to make anywhere from one to four cups at once. You can program the clock to match the current time.
There is a 2-hour automatic shutoff function on this coffee maker, you don’t have to worry about it catching on fire in any capacity.
- You can remove the water tank on this coffee maker for quick and easy cleaning or filling.
- The device has a drip less function and it ensures that you can use it and move it around on your countertops without creating a giant mess.
- It keeps-warm heater and enclosed brewing system ensures that the flavor and heat of the coffee lingers on for hours.
7- Cuisinart DCC-1100BK – Great Option at Low Price
Cuisinart DCC-1100BK is a great option at great price. Despite its relatively low price, the Cuisinart DCC-1100BKis attractive and offers the same basic benefits as the more expensive models.
As it is programmable, you can prepare it so that the coffee is ready as soon as you wake up or enter the house. With this machine, you get both a reusable coffee filter to save you the trouble and expense of buying paper.
It also has a water filter to improve the taste of tap water. For a decently inexpensive coffee maker, this is a great option.
- It comes with a “brew pause” feature, which allows you to pour yourself a cup of coffee before the entire brew is done, without spilling coffee everywhere.
- It has multiple settings so you can make it strong or regular.
- It has clean alarm and cycle. A light will come on to let you know when the DCC-1100BK needs cleaning.
- Carafe keeps coffee hot for about 3 hours and warm for about 8.
- It has a reusable filter in it so you don’t need to buy coffee filters.
6- SterlingPro – French Press Coffee Maker
The SterlingPro French Press Coffee Maker is a perfect machine, right from its physical appearance to the quality of materials used in making it.
The heavenly flavors, aroma and texture of coffee are not easy to extract. And it can only be done to the optimum via a French press coffee maker.
The interior and exterior are made of a high quality 18/10 stainless-steel (18% of chromium and 10% nickel). This is dishwasher-safe and will never rust, so you can be sure that you can use this equipment for a long period of time.
- Made from high-quality 18/10 stainless steel, this is one of the highest-quality.
- French Presses on the market in terms of design.
- The French press has a double wall construction, which means that not only does it hold your coffee, but also manages to keep it warm.
- The SterlingPro French Press makes up to one liter of coffee and has double screen system that filters out all coffee grounds.
- It’s safe from any plastic and unwanted odor, resulting in smooth pressed coffee experience.
5- Mr. Coffee – 12-Cup Coffee Maker
Perhaps the best coffee maker under $50 is the Mr. Coffee TF5GTF. The machine is available in either black or white, so you can choose the one that will best fit in with the rest of your kitchen appliances.
You can remove the filter basket from this coffee maker and whenever you need to fill and clean the machine. Because there are dual water windows on the unit, you can easily see how much water is contained within the reservoir.
You won’t have to guess at how much or how little coffee you need to put into the machine.
Also Read: Affordable Espresso Coffee Makers
- One of the main features is the Delay Brew timer and using this you could set the brewing almost 24 hours prior as well.
- The 12 cup coffee maker also has programmable settings, such as a Grab-A-Cup.
- Auto Pause function which allows you to momentarily stop the cycle so that you can pour a cup of coffee before the brewing is finished.
- There is an indicator light on this coffee maker that lets you know when it is turned on or off.
- It also has a pause n’ serve feature that allows you to temporarily interrupt the brewing cycle, pour a cup of coffee mid-brew, and then replace the pot and finish brewing if you so desire.
4- Hamilton Beach 49981a – Best Budget Coffee Maker
Make brewing delicious ground coffee an effortless and quick thing with this Hamilton Beach 49981 Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker.
This unit provides hotter and better-tasting coffee with less time. It is able to brew up to 14 ozs. into travel cup or coffee mug to suit your needs.
In addition to its great brewing performance, this single serve coffee maker also features a durable stainless steel construction for a long lasting.
- The model features a great stainless-steel design that you wouldn’t think available for less than $50.
- It is capable of brewing faster, and also it can maintain a suitable temperature as required by the user.
- The beautiful coffee maker also has a wide drip tray base, an auto shutoff feature, and multiple coffee settings.
- You can use this unit for a Travel Mug as well.
3- Presto Stainless Steel – Portable Coffee Maker
If you’re looking for simplicity itself and nothing but the finest cup of coffee possible, then you would be hard pressed to find a better option anywhere than the Presto Stainless Coffee Percolator.
Eschewing all of the bells and whistles that too many modern machines almost throw on to impress customers. This is a simpler way of producing world class coffee resulting in a more traditional flavored cup of Joe.
Designed and constructed out of the highest grade stainless steel and entirely composed of a single unit. You’ll never have to worry about losing precious counter space to your coffee machine again.
- Highly portable and infinitely storable, this is the kind of machine that you can pack with you on long trips.
- This machine is capable of making 4 to 12 Cups of rich coffee.
- It comes along with an easy pour spout, and the design is elegant which gives you a majestic feel while using the machine.
- There is also a stainless steel perk tube and filter basket, which work to enhance the overall taste of your coffee.
- It comes along with a light indicator, which helps in knowing when the coffee is ready.
2- AeroPress Coffee Machine– Espresso Style Coffee Maker
The Aeropress has been among the best coffee maker under $50 since 2005, as many agree that the quality of the coffee produced by the machine is outstanding.
The coffee maker itself is fairly small and lightweight at 1.1 pounds, easy to transport, and quite practical for vacations or camping trips.
Many brewing methods cannot accommodate people who frequently travel, but Aeropress does. And it’s not easy to break, either.
- The Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker comes with shown coffee and water funnel, a plunger and a chamber, a scoop and a stir, a filter holder and they also throw in a bag of 350 paper filters.
- The machine operates much like a French press, with hot water poured over grounds and then pushed through a microfilter directly into a waiting mug.
- Aeropress has the paper filter underneath it, and this is the key to its smooth, rich coffee flavor that it produces.
- Aeropress just requires a quick rinse and you’re back to square one. Faster, easier, more convenient.
1- Mr. Coffee 4-Cup – Editor’s Choice
This model of Mr. Coffee is a fully-programmable coffee maker. The coffee maker is ideal for two people as it can make up to four small cups or two larger sized cups.
Its styled with a modern look and the design works well with almost any kitchen style.
It is compact and simple to use, and it has a lot of handy features.
The Grab-A-Cup Auto-Pause allows you to make a cup of coffee while the machine is still brewing, and the dual water window shows you the level of water.
- It includes a removable filter basket and a ‘pause and serve’ setting for when you’re desperate for a cup before the 4 cups are brewed!
- You can programme the machine to make the amount of coffee that you need, so there is no coffee wastage
- Brewing pause ‘n serve lets you pour a cup of coffee while the coffeemaker is still brewing.
- 2-Hour auto shut-off keeps your coffee hot for 2-hour, then automatically shuts off.
Best Coffee Maker Under $50 Features To Look
If you always forget to turn off the coffee maker, a machine with an auto shut-off feature may be your best choice.
The greatest advantage of timer is that it can bring you a cup of hot and fresh coffee when you need.
Some coffee makers in a chrome or stainless-steel finish and some have a cord storage, you can select one kind of style according your preference.
Whether a machine has a water filter or not affect the taste of coffee directly. It can remove chlorine, strange odors and other bad tastes to ensure a pot of high quality coffee.
There are some kinds of machine that will remind you clean your coffee maker and some even have self-cleaning cycles thus the life of your coffee maker will be longer.
If you would like to pour a cup of coffee while it’s still brewing, you can choose a machine with a pause option. You can even change the strength of your coffee by using a machine with a brew-strength option.
It can be difficult to select the best coffee maker under 50 when so many options exist on the market. Hopefully, this detail guide has cleared up any confusion and hesitation about coffee maker.
Again, we have suggested all the products on our list. Each one has been comprehensively tested and examined. Make sure that your choice fits your specific desires, as you don’t want to get stuck with a coffee maker that doesn’t fit you.
Before making any purchase, it’s always important to be properly edified. Otherwise, you could end up with a product you do not like. You also need to know how to get cheap, but quality coffee maker if you’re on a budget.
If you believe and trust our reviews, you can simply count on our hot pick. We ensure that you will get the best performance from any of the above products.
Hopefully, our reviews of the best coffee makers under $50 have helped you understand what’s important when it comes to value coffee makers.
It’s not always easy to shop online, but now that you’re informed, you should be able to find the model that’s best for you without breaking the bank.