Your guide to this review today is by Expert Sofia Mike
An outdoor BBQ is the best time to chrish with family and friends. An excellent gas grill would give you succulent food with smoked aroma that we love.
Buying a right barbecue grill is confusing and making a wrong choice is expensive. Among the many models and sizes, it is easy to get confused and not understand which one is best suited to meet your specific needs.
If you are not sure which one to buy, you are at the right place!
Here are the best affordable gas grills under 300 to grill meat, fish, vegetables, toast, hamburgers and other foods. You will find here most reliable brands and models for your needs.
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks:
- 15000 BTUs cooking power
- Large cooking space
Weber 51040001 Q1200
- Stainless steel burner
- Grease collection tray
Blackstone Grills Tailgater
- Ideal for camping
- Include griddle plate
Table of Contents
11 Best Affordable Gas Grills
Gas grills have different prices according to structure and functions. This article will serve you with a complete buying guide about to make the best online purchase in your budget.
1- Cuisinart CGG- 180 – Best Value Gas Grill
Its cooking space is very big, approximately 180 square inches and it is made of cast iron which means the food will get evenly cooked.
Its loop burner is made of stainless steel & delivers 15000 BTUs of cooking power.
- Cuisinart CGG-240 comes with a stainless steel folding side table that you can use to hold food, condiments & utensils.
- It has a lid to close so the heat keep inside the grill.
- This portable propane gas grill folds up to a small package. A small propane tank uses to operate. It is a good choice for campers.
- One of the best feature is porcelain enameled grate distribute heat evenly throughout its surface.
- Easy to turn on & turn off
- Quick set up
- Best for a small space
- Cleaning cast iron grate is very difficult
2- Char-Griller 3001 Grillin – Best 3 Burner Gas Grill
Char-Griller has a large range of products including the best 3 burner gas grill. This gas grill has everything that you will need in grilling such as a wide grilling surface area, side tables & a storage rack underneath.
Char-Griller is best budget propane grill and you will not find any other grill with superb quality at such a reasonable price. Char-Griller has three stainless steel burners that will heat up a surface area of 438 square inches.
The area is big enough to cook a meal for a medium-size family at a time.
- Char-Griller is a propane grill. We all know grilling with propane is very easy. You do not have to wait for a long time to prepare or light up wood pellets & charcoal. All you have to do is to light it up by twisting a knob.
- This grill has three stainless steel burners that have more power than any other three stainless steel burners. You will get an additional side burner with it.
- The char Griller is very simple to operate. It comes with a starter button and 3 mechanical knobs, one for each burner. The side burner also has its own dial.
- Its strong durable steel body lasts for a long time even in poor weather conditions.
- Three stainless steel burners
- Electronic ignition for easy start-ups
- It heats up fast
- Large wheels for easy movement
- Only for grilling, not for the smoke
- Side tables cannot be folded
3- Char Broil Performance 300 – Best 2 Burner Gas Grill
Char Broil Performance 300 2-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill is a simple gas grill with desirable features which you don’t find in this budget. The grill has a charcoal side, for heat control, you will find an option of height adjustment.
The gas grill has the hassle-free start-up. No need to light a match, instead with a push-button electronic igniter, you get your flame on.
It’s a cost-effective barbecue that still allows you the freedom to do more than just the most basic grilling.
Taking proper care of best 2 burner gas grill can help extend its life.
- Build quality is good, with stainless steel used through much of the grill.
- Start-up requires just the turn of a valve and the push of a button.
- There are also two porcelain-coated cast iron grates, which fit together nicely over the burners, plus are easy to clean after the grilling if finished.
- Another handy feature is the addition of the utensil hooks, where you can hang spatulas, tongs, and brushes, keeping them within easy reach.
- Two burners for 2-zone cooking
- Instant lighting
- Grease pan
- Two side tables
- Center of grill plate is solid instead of grates
4- Weber 51040001 Q1200 – Best Mid Priced Gas Grill
Weber 51040001 is portable and best mid priced gas grill. It has great heat distribution which makes easy to get grill marks on the entire cooking surface. It’s small size means it heats up quick. This is a cute little grill for people with limited space.
It has a stainless steel burner which facilitates its ignition.
It is easy to move, this gas grill model also has two large handles, well fixed and excellent robustness. These handles greatly facilitate the handling of this model of gas barbecue.
- The Weber 50060053 Q 1000 model incorporates several features including a temperature adjustment wheel that allows you to adjust the barbecue heat.
- It comes fully assembled with the exception of screw in assembly of the handle, ignition button and thermostat. The unit also includes one AA battery.
- To facilitate its maintenance and cleaning, this gas barbecue model is equipped with a grease collection tray.
- The grill is compact and works perfectly for camping or fishing trips.
- Folds up nicely
- Electronic start
- A little hard to maintain temperature
5- Coleman RoadTrip 285 – Best Grill Under 250
Not all grill systems can be used at home. Coleman came with a fantastic design that this grilling system can be carried around like a suitcase.
Coleman RoadTrip 285 is best for picnics & all kinds of road trips.
It comes with a collapsible stand and wheels. The stands give the grill system some height so you can grill while standing.
- The two 11,000 BTU burners will provide enough heat to sear meat.
- You can control the flame intensity with two burners control knobs. The high flame is best for cleaning or preheating.
- The cooking area of the Coleman RoadTrip is 285 square inches. It is almost the size of an indoor kitchen stove.
- It also has a set of sliding tables that is convenient for compact storage.
- Grill also has an integrated stand that you can fold up at any time. When the stand folded, two wheels on the bottom and a handle on the top will help you to move the grill system conveniently.
- Adjustable cooking power
- Accessory holder
- Easy to move around
- Side tables attached
- Large in size
- The water tray is long & shallow
6- Cuisinart CGG-7400 – Best Medium Sized Gas Grill
If you don’t want a gas grill with tons of bells and whistles then Cuisinart CGG-7400, best inexpensive gas grill is just for you. It has a wide cooking space that is perfect for large families. Further, warming grate is ideal for keeping food warm and toasting bread/buns.
The gas grill also comes with a control panel and a stainless steel lead for easy transportability.
This model offers up to 4 different burners. Each burner makes a safe startup. Every knob of the burners gives proper control over the flame for perfect cooking.
- Each of the 4 burner knobs has its own ignition built inside it.
- The best value gas grill is made in cart design, having two large wheels make it easy to move from one place to other.
- Heavy-duty cast iron is used in making grates on this grill and ideal to last for a long time against rough environmental factors.
- The stainless steel design is simple and durable, allowing for years of cooking. You will enjoy the fact that cleaning this grill is made simple as the grate is made of cast iron and removes easily.
- Large cooking surface
- Built-in bottle opener
- Stainless steel construction
- Side tables fold down
- Heat tends to run hotter in the center
- Little heavier than other models
7- Weber 54060001 – Best Gas Grill for the Money
If you are fond of grill cooking than Weber 54060001 Q2200 is absolutely for you. It is equipped with split grates system ensure dependable griddle/grill cooking combination.
This gas grill is ideal tailgating and camping because of the appliance compact size as well as large grilling surface.
It offers double grilling space when compared to stationery outdoor grilling appliances.
- It is equipped with a large built-in thermometer makes possible to monitor the inside temperature in précised way.
- The shell is made of cast aluminum. This holds the heat and makes this grill better than most portable gas grills, which tend to lose a lot of heat through their thin steel shells.
- The cooking grates are heavy porcelain-coated cast iron, and the stainless steel burner tube provides even heat throughout the grill.
- It comes with larger grip handle and control knobs.
- Hood-mounted thermometer
- Sturdy front and rear cradles
- Cooks evenly
- Easy to clean grill
- Need some assembly
- Pretty heavy
8- Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D – Best Inexpensive Gas Grill
If you are looking for a grill system with good heating power, good capacity, easy installation and a solid build go for Dyna-Glo. This grill system is specially designed for small space & the quality and performance are awesome.
As we already mentioned, the grill system is small so it can fit anywhere easily. Also, you will get a plate or tray with the grill system for serving.
There is also a place available to put Beers while cooking.
- The grill system provides the top-notch grilling area where you will come to experience three burners together
- The grill system has an awesome design. You can not only use it as a grill for cooking but also you can find so many things in one place
- The total cooking area provided is enough to grill approximately 20 hamburgers at a time
- This grill system can fit at any place & also have foldable tables & shelves
- Excellent grilling capacity
- Ease of assembly
- Electronic ignition
- The side shelving is collapsible
- It has slide-out grease tray
- It becomes rusty a few years
9- Char Broil Performance 475 – Best 4 Burner Gas Grill Under 300
Char-Broil 475 is the best 4 burner gas grill under 300. It is a self-proclaimed grill master.
This grill system is made to handle your high standards as no other grill system can. It should be able to handle simple classics like hot dogs, burgers as well as corn on the cob or ribs.
Char-Broil has a massive cooking surface. The area is about 475 square inches. The second cooking surface is not included in this cooking surface. It is a 4 burners Cart Gas Grill system.
- One side of the grill has a sturdy shelf where you can store the food. The shelf also works as a rack.
- Its cast-iron grates are coated with porcelain to ensure that you can spray the grates and keep the food from sticking to it.
- The Char-Broil grill is packed with extras to make outdoor cooking easy. Its cart is very attractive and made of black, sleek, rust-resistant metal with a stainless steel cover.
- The cart comes with electronic ignites so you don’t need matches to start the fire. You simply need to push the start-up button.
- Stainless steel construction
- Durable metal side shelves
- Multiple burners
- Easy to clean
- Removable grease pan
- Difficult to assemble
- It does not provide an equal heat distribution
10 – Blackstone Grills Tailgater – Best Outdoor Gas Grill
Blackstone Grills Tailgater is ideal for camping and travelling because it folds up neatly. This grill is for everyone who wants to experience versatile cooking.
It surly give you amazing cooking in all weather. It does balance cooking and has direct instructions for configuration, and you’re ready to cook.
This is not only best gas grill for outdoor, but also excellent for home use.
- It is sturdy, and it is nicely packed up.
- It is heavier than most grills that you will find.
- The versatility of the combination flattop and grill makes this perfect for most any meal.
- Use the direct burner to cook with a dutch oven, stock pot or skillet.
- Fast assembling
- Excellent for camping
- Including grill box and griddle plate
- Grill legs need a better design
11- MASTER COOK Classic – Best Cheap Gas Grill
The Master Cook Classic comes with 3 stainless steel burners. It offers 340 square inches of cooking space, which means you can cook food for the entire family.
For easy portability the gas grill sits on two 6-inch wheels and it has and two fixed legs to keep it in place.
This is a good quality mid-range size and pricing option for grillers looking for something a bit larger than a portable.
- Temperature gauge is a good feature and it comes up to temperature fast.
- The cast iron grate is coated with porcelain for greater heat resistance.
- It has option to fold side shelves for storage and they are large enough for prep work.
- This model also offers the standard electronic start ignition.
- It is sturdy
- Drop down shelves
- Cooks fast and evenly
- Some times ignitor needs several tries
What is a Gas Grill?
Gas barbecue is a cooking gear which you can use to grill food. Propane or butane is used in it as heat source.
You can grill fish, meat, poultry, veggies, and many other food items on it for making your food scrumptious.
Now a day’s best gas grill are those which have grill for the cooking surface, stainless steel or cast iron burner, electronic ignition; all setup nicely on a trolley with side shelves. If the trolley has wheels, it’s a plus point, as it makes movement easy.
Types of Gas Grill
Portable Gas Grill: As the name suggest, portable gas grill neatly fold up and you can carry it anywhere.
These types of grills are excellent for traveling.
Fixed Gas Grill: You must understand by the name that these gas grills are not for move.
These are best for outdoor kitchens, offering different cooking method with grilling.
Mobile Gas Grill: Unlike the fixed grill, the mobile gas grill is moveable. This type of model is mounted on a cart with wheels so you can easily move it around.
You can even store it when not in use.
Why Buy a Gas Grill?
The main advantage of the gas grill is user comfort. As compared to charcoal grill, it is better equipped with grilling material that is a good deal for use.
The gas grill is light, further the wheels make it easy to move from one place to other. Some models have side shelves for cutting and preparing the food before grilling.
Another advantage of gas grill is that it saves the time. Coal model and an electric grill takes time to get hot whereas gas grill offers a faster temperature rise.
No need to wait to light the wood and heat up the plate. This grilling equipment offers fast temperature by using electronic ignition.
Must Read: Best Multi-Cooker to Buy
How to Maintain Gas Grill?
Since the gas grill are not cheap and you invest certain amount on it. So it is essential to take it with proper care after use so it goes for long time. Clean it properly after each use.
Start cleaning with the grill while it is little hot. Just use a brush to remove food residue.
After that, if the grill is dishwasher safe than put it in dishwasher.
For enamel pieces of grill, use abrasive detergents and scouring sponges for cleaning. You can easily clean stainless steel parts with neutral cleaning product and a soft cloth.
Best Affordable Gas Grill Buying Guide
I have prepared a quick guide list that will help you while buying a cooking grill gas system. Analyze the features mentioned in the list and it will help you in making the right choice.
Size & weight
First of all, you need to analyze the size & weight of the grill you wanna buy. Make a choice depending on the conditions like where you are going to cook and also check if the grill system will fit in your balcony, backyard or the trunk of your car.
The Cooking Area
Calculate how much food you are going to cook on the grill system. If you are going camping with plenty of others you need to buy a bigger grill system. If you are planning to go fishing with your friends, you need to buy a small grill system.
A difficult choice indeed. In simple words, you will get what you pay for. If you want a good quality grill system that will last longer you need to pay attention to the material. You should also have to pay attention to other details such as bolts & other materials that are not visible at first glance. Make sure if these are not made of plastic & any other lower quality material.
The Gas Tanks
Most models have small propane tanks. These tanks are very lightweight & work great when the weight makes a difference to us. When you don’t have to move around, the best is to buy a special hose adapter. Also it will save your money as you will be able to use a 20-pound propane tank.
Price to Quality Ratio
As we already mentioned you will get what you pay for. That’s why buying a cheap grill will not last long. If you buy a grill system at the lowest price it will serve its purpose for some time but if you want a durable grill then you need to buy something expensive.
The Final Verdict
We are sure after reading our Best Gas Grill review on different models, and buying guide; you will be able to choose a gas grill that suits you.
Among the best affordable gas grill brands we find Cuisinart, Weber and Char Broil.
Cuisinart gas grill are top models offer best functions. These grills give the most excellent performance and also made with quality and durable structure.
Weber gas grills are distinguished by the modern, elegant and portable design suitable for any home. These grills are excellent value for the money.
Char Broil is another reliable brand that offers some of the best gas grills under 300. Its tru-infrared grill technology allows even and flawless cooking even with the simplest models.
Now, what you are waiting now, make a safe choice and order online.
Most frequent questions and answers
Market is full with different brands of gas grill but the question is what the best gas grill brands are?
After our deep market research, we found following best gas grill brands according to their functions and convenience.
- Weber: Weber is the most reliable brand in the market. It offers a variation in grill units with high quality material.
- Cuisinart: Cuisinart is one more popular brand. It’s gas grill parts are sturdy and solid.
- Coleman: You will never go wrong with Coleman gas grill brand. It is renowned for its roadTrip grills.
- Char-Broil: Char-Broil is another trustworthy grill brand. It is well known because of outdoor grills.
- Dyna-Glo: Dyna Glo grill dominating in the market due to its unique features in grills.
- Blackstone: Blackstone is another leading company in the market. Their grills are equipped with all essential elements.
- Char-Griller: Char-Griller is making grills from decades. Their grills are delivering great BBQ taste.
In recent times, propane grills have taken the place over traditional charcoal ones. When it comes to best propane grills, Weber 45030001 Spirit II E-310 is top rated grill. This is a three burner grill in which Weber’s signature GS4 grilling system is assembled. This grilling system ensures to make your outdoor cooking experience flavorful. It has 424 square inches of primary cooking area along extra warming rack and secondary cooking space.
Ultimately, It depends on several factors like how the owner use it, level of care and type of weather the grill is exposed to. Usually, it ranges between 5-15 years.
Gas grills are convenient and fast. No need of match sticks to light it up. Instead, instant ignition, fast heat up. You can also control the temperature. You can also cook on gas grill in cold weather and in the rain.
Cuisinart CGG-180 is the best affordable gas grill that is under $200 with amazing features and durability. It has 145 square inches of grilling area. This is also a portable grill.