Your guide to this review today is by Expert Aena Burg
Are you in a budget and looking for the best low cost espresso machine to get a perfect coffee and start your day? You are spoiled for choice because there are some different products and designs available. You should know these first to be able to make a pre-selection. Only then should you deal with the handling and the price-performance ratio.
Due to the large supply on the market, it can be very time-consuming to carry out extensive research. If you do not have the time and you would rather make a quick but still good purchase decision, our purchase advice will help you, because we have already done most of the research work for you.
Read our guide about choosing an Espresso Machine. You can find out which is the best coffee machine under 100. We have mentioned all the details of these reviews of the best coffee Espresso maker so you can easily choose what you need.
Make sure to go through all the details. All of these machines are the best espresso machine for home and office. They are better at what they do.
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks:
- Highend coffee-making technology
- Brew pause feature
- 12-Cup Thermal Carafe
- Great tasting espresso shot
- Two portafilter basket
- Built in frother
Hamilton Beach 40715
- Use of 2 shots at same time
- Italian pump
- Steam wand
Table of Contents
11 Best Low Cost Espresso Machine
Well, here we are with the 11 Best Low Cost Espresso Machine review, which will give you the coffee of your dreams.
1- Cuisinart DCC 3400 – Best Espresso Maker under 100
The Cuisinart DCC-3400 coffee maker executes expert coffee making technology ensuring hotter coffee temperatures without sacrificing flavor and/or the quality of your brew.
If you want a best rated espresso machine which features an attractive, mid-range price tag and plenty of great features, you’ll enjoy discovering the Cuisinart DCC-3400 12 cup programmable thermal coffeemaker with a stainless steel handle.
- The useful brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold coffee flavor. You can adjust the flavor exactly the way you prefer it.
- The DCC 3400 is fully automatic with the ability to be programmed 24 hrs in advance.
- This Cuisinart DCC-3400 also features a brew pause feature, which allows you to enjoy a cup of coffee before the brewing cycle has finished.
- It has a 60-second reset which recalls the machine’s settings and position in the brewing process in case of a loss of power.
- Premium performance
- Simple controls with bright blue LED lighting
- 24-hour delayed brewing via auto program
- 1 to 4 cup brewing options
- Charcoal filtration
- Brewing temperature not adjustable
- No “blooming” or pre-infusion
2- Bonavita BV1900TS – Best Espresso Machine for Office
Best espresso maker depends on your individual brewing preferences, but some products are perfect regardless of what your preferences are. The Bonavita BV1900TS is one of these products.
The Bonavita BV1900TS is a fantastic machine and is sure to brew you the perfect cup! It has a unique design that combines simplicity with elegance.
The water reservoir is clear and you are able to carefully monitor how many cups of water you are pouring in as you make your coffee.
- There is also a pre-soak option available for those who would like to de-gas their coffee beans before brewing their coffee.
- You can start your brewer with the touch of a single button. After adding the grounds and pouring the water, the only thing left to do is to push the start button.
- This coffee maker also has an ‘auto-off’ feature, so don’t worry if you forget to turn it off. It will take care of that itself!
- The shower head on this unit is larger than an average coffee maker’s shower head. Not only is the size bigger, but it sports multiple openings instead of just a single hole.
- Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater
- Fast and easy to use
- Pre-infusion mode
- Thermal carafe
- Compact size takes up little space
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Not programmable
- Short power cord
3- Mr. Coffee Dual Shot – Best Espresso Machine for Home Use
If you want to make delectable espresso and cappucino from the comfort and privacy of your own home, you’ll benefit from learning about the Mr. Coffee Automatic Dual Shot Espresso / Cappuccino system.
This best espresso machine for home is cool and can produce bold espresso drinks when prompted. It has a filter holder that can be programmed to dispense coffee to one or two cups at any time.
The filter holder comes with a nice tamping tool to level the coffee grounds for optimal brewing.
- This system produces genuine espresso and cappuccino drinks which are delicious and filled with bold, rich taste.
- It features a one touch control panel, so you can easily brew plain espresso, lattes, or cappuccinos with single and double shot options for each.
- It includes thermal block heating technology and this allows it to heat up rapidly.
- It’s a fifteen-bar pump system which makes espresso with “creme” on top in no time flat.
- Relatively cheap than other high price espresso makers
- Compact, so does not occupy much space in your kitchen
- User friendly coffee maker
- Instant coffee
- LED light indicators
- The manual is lengthy and confusing to follow
- Semi-automatic machine
- Cleaning process is a bit tedious
4- OXO BREW – Best Home Barista Machine
Espresso Coffee Maker is a computer controlled machine that takes pride in the ability to regulate temperature, time and volume when it comes to brewing your daily morning.
- This is a programmable coffee maker, so you can set a 24-hour start timer and the number of cups you want.
- It is straightforward to operate: simply set the cup range and press one button to start brewing.
- It has an amazing LED that displays everything and makes it easy to use the coffee maker.
- It is made of stainless steel. The carafe is very elegant and easy to use.
- OXO on Barista Brain comes with a conical filter flask, a carafe and a shower head.
- Control everything from a dial
- Sleek design
- Consistent brewing results
- Coffee doesn’t stay warm for long
- Long brew time
5- Hamilton Beach 40792 – Best Small Espresso Maker
With the Hamilton Beach 40792 Espresso Maker you can only make one cup of coffee at a time. Your Espresso cup is ready within thirty seconds or you can also choose the volume from the menu.
According to the reviews of the people who have used this product, best low cost espresso machine makes delicious coffee and you can make different flavors of coffee with the capsules that are available.
- The design of this device is fairly small making it easy to fit into any kitchen. You do not have to provide much space and it is easy to store.
- It has strong pressure system of 19 bars so that all aromas can easily be released and a smooth crema layer can develop.
- Coffee maker is also loaded with many other high-performance features, such as a filter holder with a patented, slide and lock mechanism.
- The unit heats up in just 25 seconds and lets you know when the water tank is empty and needs topping up.
- Great quality
- Easy to setup and use
- Great performance
- Very durable
- 16 bar
- Some users think the price is just a bit too expensive
6- Capresso 117.05 – Best Personal Espresso Machine
Capresso 117.05 is best personal espresso machine. It makes amazing froth when brewing espresso and steaming the milk, it does have a cup warmer also, which is an expensive add-on feature for other brands.
The Capresso 117.05 coffee machine in the chic stainless steel design is not only compact (25x12x8cm HxTxB) but also practical, since you do not have to buy filters through the permanent filter.
As usual, a transparent water level gauge is attached to the water tank. You can make two to five cups (600 ml) with this 600 Watt machine, making it perfect for smaller households.
- Due to the permanent filter, you do not have to buy any paper filters. Alternatively, you can use a paper filter of size 101.
- The glass jug makes it easy to keep the coffee warm on the plate.
- If you want to remove a cup of coffee during the brewing process, this is easily possible thanks to the drip protection.
- Automatic shutdown
- Great performance
- Easy to operate
- Easy to clean
- The switch is mounted on the back, which is a bit unfavorable
- Durability problems
7- De’Longhi EC155 – Espresso Machine with Steam Wand
With the different programmed flavors, you can make the coffee to your taste. Because this product is small and compact, it does not take up much space. It also looks nice, by the way, so you can leave it on the counter.
- This coffee maker has a water tank with a volume of no less than 0.8 liters. You can also make one cup of homemade coffee at a time.
- This is rather a compact device, you do not have to provide that much space. You can also store it conveniently.
- You can choose the taste of your coffee thanks to the different pre-programmed flavors. An automatic water dosing is provided, and the appliance switches off automatically after 5 minutes.
- The unit also comes equipped with the espresso machine with steam wand, which allows you to steam your milk quickly and easily.
- Strong frother
- Very easy to use for beginners
- Equipped with a removable drip tray
- Not a high-end model, so quality and longevity can be a concern
- Poor filter basket
- Cannot be used with tall cups
8- Mueller Espresso Machine – Best Budget Espresso Maker
The espresso machine has a super fast heating system that allows you to prepare a delicious brew in less than 30 seconds. And surprisingly, for a basic espresso machine, it offers up to 20 bar pressure like the most expensive premium products.
- This Mueller Espresso machine gets that café quality coffee at your countertop. Now you can save money and make the best espresso at home.
- The most notable feature about the Mueller is that it is pod-based and you can enjoy all your favorite Original Line Nespresso capsules with it.
- It also has a 20bar Italian pump, a 25 second preheat, super easy one-touch operation with options for both short and long espresso and a 27-ounce water tank.
- Lifetime replacement policy by the manufacturer.
- Ultra-fast heating system
- Automatic power off mechanism
- One-touch operation
- Equipped with a removable water tank
- Doesn’t offer a steam wand for making lattes
- The water reservoir is small and will need to be filled quite frequently
9- Hamilton Beach 40715 – Affordable Espresso Machine
Get café quality coffee at home with affordable espresso machine Hamilton Beach 40715. With a very powerful 15 bar Italian pump, you will get the perfect cup after cup of coffee in no time at all. You can use ground coffee or pre-measured pods as per your liking.
It has a reservoir with 40oz capacity that’s very easy to refill without the need to turn the machine off. And, if you want mochas or lattes, the no-fuss frother milk will give you the perfect froth in just a few seconds.
- One of the greatest features of this unit is, you can use it to do two shots of espresso at the same time.
- This machine comes with a powerful 15 bar Italian pump. The pump does the function for brewing a great shot of espresso.
- It has three main buttons to control the machine. They include on/off switch, stem button and an espresso brewing button.
- It is allowed you to use coffee pods and ground coffee.
- Easy to use and clean
- Includes a steam wand
- Capable to brew 2 cups of espresso at the same time
- Long recovery time
- Takes long time to heat up
10- BLACK+DECKER CM5000B – Best Espresso Machine for Small Business
Next on the list we have Black + Decker CM5000B, the best thermal coffee maker. It’s a compact coffee machine with a large carafe. It can brew up to 12 cups of coffee for you. It is one of the best espresso machine for small business, having 12-cup capacity, yet it is a best budget coffee maker.
It’s a modern coffee maker having all the customization options you want. You can easily get started with the brew strength.
- It’s a fully programmable coffee maker.Black +
- Decker CM5000B also indicates when your coffee is ready and the freshness level of it.
- Brew pause option allows you to temporarily stop the brewing process to pour a cup before it ends.
- It lets you adjust both the grind and the strength of brew.
- It has a non-sticky carafe plate that keeps your coffee always hot.
- Quick touch panel allows you to program.
- Designed with grinder tool for several purposes
- Programmable settings
- Easy to use and clean
- Refillable Capsules
- Lighter weight
- Quite large that requires a bigger space
- The grind works so well but it cannot be separated to set it up individually
- Despite of the programmable settings, it has lots of buttons
11- Espresso Machine 3.5 Bar – Best Espresso Machine with Frother
Be your own barista with the Sowtech Espresso Machine, which uses the proper steam pressure to create the perfect foam for your espresso. Gone are the days when you have to race to the nearest coffee shop to get your daily caffeine dose.
You can make espresso just the way you like it with the Sowtech Espresso Machine
A Sowtech espresso machine that’s ideally suited for your home, your office or even in a small little cafe of your own. It’s a 3.5 bar steam espresso machine that efficiently filters the coffee and separates the rich cream from the coffee.
- The powerful milk frother allows this espresso machine to make a delicious cup of cappuccino or even a latte, for that matter.
- It has single switch knob with indicator light for easy operation with function transform-coffee/steam selector and on/off.
- Frothing function, manual milk frother to make thick and creamy foam for your cappuccino.
- The Sowtech Espresso Machine keeps a constant and accurate temperature to ensure the best taste.
- Removable drip tray for easy cleaning
- Compact and portable design
- Powerful steam bar
- Operates quietly
- Super easy to use
- Plastic body is lightweight and not that stylish
- Sometimes it suddenly heats up
What is Espresso?
Espresso, express or espresso, we call it differently but we all love it! This tight and strong coffee makes us succumb to the charm of its delicious aroma that smells of Italy. It is simply a short, full-bodied coffee that is made by high-pressure percolation, or by pouring hot water quickly through the coffee.
When you love real espresso, it is normal to have special expectations when you buy an espresso machine, be it manual, automatic, ground coffee beans or capsules. So what do we expect from a good classic espresso machine?
- A short, full-bodied coffee
- Strong pressure
- Easy maintenance and use
- A rapid heating system
Best Low Cost Espresso Machine Buying Guide
First of all, you need to see the ease of use of the coffee maker you are buying. Always buy an easy to use coffee maker. This means you can easily adjust the settings, quickly prepare your coffee, and wrap up things fast.
Also check some additional functions of a best Espresso Machine under 100 dollars.
Many models are equipped with a screen on which you can see how long it takes to make your coffee. But it also displays other information such as the type of coffee you have chosen. It can even display a message when you need to descale the appliance.
Some coffee machines can make a lot of noise, for the morning that does not benefit your mood. Admittedly, a coffee machine with cups does not make as much noise like a coffee grinder, but it is still a good recommendation to check before you purchase how much noise it makes.
Some devices have an automatic shutdown function if the device has not been used for a while. This can vary per device, and with some, you can set it yourself. A disadvantage of some machines is that they only work with certain cups.
A plus point you have to pay attention to is the presence of a collection tray. Where do the cups go after use in the machine? With old models, you have to remove the cups yourself and throw them away, but fortunately, there are also appliances with a collection tray for cups.
For example, the cup falls into the cup automatically when you open the appliance when you want to place another cup, and then you can take the cup out of the appliance to throw away all used cups.
The most common material for coffee makers is certainly glass in connection with metal components such as filters, handle and mechanical components. Compared to other materials, glass is very resistant to scratches, even if the piston is used very frequently.
Nevertheless, no clear recommendation can be made for glass as a material of first choice, since even models made of stainless steel or plastic can be very robust and noble processed.
In addition, glass has the disadvantage that it shatters when the press is dropped. Here metals or plastics are clearly in the advantage.
The Final Verdict
Thank you for reading our comparative guide! Because we know that it is not always easy to make the best choice without trying, each of our recommendations results from a long work of analysis of consumer opinions on the flagship and unknown products of the market, comparison prices and technical characteristics, but also and especially tests by a team of men and women constantly renewed to keep a real objectivity.
Our main choice is Sowtech Espresso Machine. For a very good price, it offers interesting features. For example, thanks to its powerful steam bar, you can prepare your favorite espresso in quick time. If you are in a hurry in the morning, but need your coffee to spend a good day’s work, this is the ideal model.
If you do not want to exceed a budget of $ 100, but still looking for an interesting coffee machine, the Bonavita BV1900TS will suit you very well. Functional and accessible model, its Pre-infusion mode, and powerful and precise 1500-watt heater have convinced us.
In the expert coffee making technology , you have the Cuisinart DCC-3400 which has mid-range price tag and plenty of great features. It is an ideal machine for those who do not have much space on their counter but who still wish to enjoy a creamy coffee, ground or pods.
So, which one you are going to buy?
Share in comments so other people also let it know.
Happy Espresso Coffee!