Best Meat slicer simplifies the cutting process so much. Why not save the time and buy a meat slicer for even cutting. Read our buying guide for 11 best meat slicer and pick one.
There used to be a time when every kitchen has a unique set of knives for cutting meat, but this age of convenience no longer allows us to cut through flesh and bone using strength and a butcher knife.
Now the time is to use best meat slicer for a perfect and nice cut.
Meat slicer is a machine which is popularly used as a kitchen appliance. It gives your foodstuff a well-shaped look.
What is Here
- 1 Why Buy A Meat Slicer?
- 2 Benefits of Using a Food Slicer
- 3 Key Considerations for Buying a Meat Slicer
- 4 How to Use a Meat Slicer
- 5 11 Best Meat Slicer – Editor’s Hot Pick
- 6 1- Chef’s Choice 615a – Best Meat Slicer
- 7 2- NESCO FS-250 – Best Electric Food Slicer
- 8 3- Weston Manual Slicer – Best Under $200
- 9 4- BESWOOD Meat Slicer – Best Choice Slicer
- 10 5- Elite Platinum EMT – Best Home Meat Slicer
- 11 6- Cuisinart Meat Slicer – Best Budget Meat Slicer
- 12 7- Super Deal Stainless Steel Slicer – Lightweight Meat Slicer
- 13 8- KWS MS-10NT – Commercial Electric Meat Slicer
- 14 9- VEVOR 10″ Blade – Meat Slicer for Home
- 15 10- Waring Pro FS155AMZ – Professional Food Slicer
- 16 11- Gourmia GFS700 – Compact Meat Slicer
- 17 The Final Verdict
Why Buy A Meat Slicer?
Many delicious recipes call for thin meat, cheese or other food slices. If you are poor in handling knife than there is a chance of cutting your finger. If you have poor knife skills than avoid to slice with a knife.
Having a meat slicer at your kitchen means you are equipped with one of the best appliances that help your cooking easier and faster. It certainly makes your cooking a joyful experience without considering how much skill you have gained in this business.
If you’re still on the fence about buying one, just think of how easy it’ll be to slice turkey for sandwiches beforehand and to decorate a delicious palate for the guests. No to mention that it’ll save you the money spent on buying pre-sliced meat which isn’t any healthier because of higher sodium levels and preservatives.
Benefits of Using a Food Slicer
- Slicing your own meat results in saving a lot of money. You can cut paper thin pieces of meat, cucumber, potato, carrot etc.
- Owning a meat slicer at home can help you and your family avoid packaged and processed meat slices.
- It slices the food in even pieces.
- Meat slicer reduces the workload.
- The powerful motor of meat slicer and sharp blade help you by reducing your cooking time.
Key Considerations for Buying a Meat Slicer
When you are going to buy a best home meat slicer you must keep in mind the following points. These will assist you to buy the best meat slicer.
Ease of Use
The best meat slicer should have a simple design and removable blades and carriages. It shouldn’t require professional cleaning on a regular basis. So Look for a meat slicer that’s easy to disassemble for cleaning.
How much meat do you mean to slice at once, and how often do you plan to use the meat slicer you choose? The answers to these questions can help you decide how much to invest in your slicer as well as how large your meat slicer should be.
The blade is a critical component of meat slicers. Check it before spending money on a product you plan to use for many years. What is its size, for instance? Heavy-duty blades are perfect for slicing thick cuts of meat such as sirloin and briskets.
Size of Meat Slicer
Commercial meat slicers are quite large, very heavy, and difficult to move. If you’re shopping for a home meat slicer or looking for a great meat slicer to speed up food prep in a small commercial setting, you’re likely to appreciate a medium- to light-duty meat slicer.
This is another major issue to be considered. You wouldn’t want to buy a substandard meat slicer that will force you to visit the market after a few months so it is highly recommended to check out the build quality of your preferred meat slicer before you pay for it.
A meat slicer with a blade that spins close to the hand is a safety hazard. The best meat slicers will always have quality and efficient safety features to maximize user safety. Make sure to take a look at safety features such as hand guards when narrowing down your choices.
How to Use a Meat Slicer
We are sure most of you are not professional chefs. So, if you are going to tackle with this machine for the first time than you should must know how to use it perfectly.
- Always remember to put your meat slicer on a stable and non slip surface.
- Another important but obvious tip is that you should clear away any clutter present on your kitchen work surface before you put the meat slicer there.
- Before starting the blade of this device, wear cut-resistant gloves to save yourself from an accident.
- After that, place the meat on the food carriage and lock it into position by using the clamp arm.
- Now switch on the slicer and use the rotating blade to slice the bulk meat. But at first, adjust the thickness of meat using the knob.
- One of the most important rules of slicing meat at home is keeping the meat cold.
- Once you have finished slicing the meat, always switch off the meat slicer and physically unplug it.
11 Best Meat Slicer – Editor’s Hot Pick
Whether you’re working in your own kitchen or in a commercial setting, having a quality meat slicer is a game changer in regards to speed and efficiency.
We have reviewed 11 of the best meat slicers for professional and home users. They are active and do not need special skills to use.
1- Chef’s Choice 615a – Best Meat Slicer
If you are looking for an innovative and cost-effective kitchen tool that gives you total control over your everyday meal preparation than The Chef’s choice premium electric food slicer is right choice for you.
This is the best Electric Meat Slicer for thin slices. It has some compact dimensions which make it a staple for every kitchen counter. You don’t have to worry about it taking too much of precious counter space.
- The Meat Slicer is made of cast aluminum and stainless steel.
- It has stainless steel seven-inch blade.
- The blade isn’t just for meat slicing as it slices almost all foods.
- The large and tilted food hopper enables it to hold a substantial amount of food hence improving the slicing speed.
- The cleaning is fast as the removable parts prevent it from holding food particles between the slicer’s parts.
2- NESCO FS-250 – Best Electric Food Slicer
NESCO FS-250, Stainless Steel Food Slicer has powerful motors which slice precisely. The Nesco food slicer with 8.7 steel blades is one of the selections that many chefs like. It allows you to select the desired thickness of the slices. The versatility of this slicer is you can use it to slice vegetables, cheese, and meats.
Its components include a sliding food carriage that is 100% stainless steel and an aluminum food press that makes the equipment durable with a longer lifespan.
- The best meat slicer has an adjustable slicing thickness control knob for a 9/16 thickness. The knob helps you control the thickness of your slices.
- Spiked surface holds food in place. No need to worry about food sliding around as you slices it thanks to this design feature. Spikes stick up into the food and hold it down as slices are made.
- The slicer is equipped with a hand guard that keeps your hand from touching the blade while slicing.
- It comes with removable parts. The blade and the guide can be removed for cleaning. This allows you to clean as much of the slicer as possible without having to actually open it up. It’s also very easy to remove the parts for cleaning; you can get it cleaned up fairly quickly.
3- Weston Manual Slicer – Best Under $200
If you are in search of a powerful stand-alone and heavy-duty best meat slicer under 200 to cut thinly meat for sandwich and steaks than stop here! The Weston manual meat slicer is the real definition of an innovative, simple, and high-end food slicer.
This is the best meat slicer that works manually and no power needs to run it. Though it works with hand, but made with heavy duty and work smart with toughest pieces of meat.
- The slicer is made of heavy duty cast iron that provides much strength which makes the device durable.
- The best meat slicer is equipped with 32 stainless steel blades to give a fine cut of the slices.
- The slicer includes two strong clamps ideal for mounting it to any table or counter more than 1.5 inches in thickness.
- The whole unit can be taking apart into two for easy cleaning.
4- BESWOOD Meat Slicer – Best Choice Slicer
Looking for all-purpose meat slicer that can take care of your different needs without making a big hole in your pocket, then your searching is over. If you run a small shop than BESWOOD 10″ Premium Chromium meat slicer is a great alternate of commercial slicer.
Its sharp blades are made of Chromium plated carbon steel. This is the reason behind its strength and long-lasting. Blades stay sharp for a long time, no need to sharp them early.
- This slicer has two stones blade sharpener that constantly sharps the edge of the blade.
- Slicer is excellent to cut even dense semi frozen meat and butter. You will get for what you pay.
- It is among the best meat slicers because of solidity and all stainless and aluminum construction.
- Easily slices meat and cheese as thin as you want.
5- Elite Platinum EMT – Best Home Meat Slicer
It is equipped with a safety secure guide that leads the meat to the blades while keeping your fingers safe.
- The machine comes with an adjustable thickness feature. The knob is easily accessible, making it possible to slice foods into different sizes.
- The meat slicer features sharp and shiny stainless steel blades that provide you with clean cut meat and vegetables.
- Elite Platinum EMT-503E comes with extra-large slicing area. This is ideally good for those with big families or has frequent visitors.
- Built from rustproof cast aluminum.
Also Read: Juicer VS Blender
6- Cuisinart Meat Slicer – Best Budget Meat Slicer
Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro is a best budget meat slicer. It is equipped with a quality stainless steel blade that is removable to make cleaning process easy. The food slicer has die-cast aluminum housing and premium coated steel that enhances performance and durability.
It is a Heavy-duty and functional food slicer that is best for home use. This Cuisinart Pro Food Slicer may be an advantageous kitchen machine because it is simple to use and relatively easy to clean.
- It is made of durable materials like die-cast aluminum and premium-coated steel.
- It is equipped with a stainless steel removable carriage and a cut control handle that changes from a paper-thin 1/32 inch to a thick 1/2 inch.
- It slides better than a knife and more consistent than a mandolin.
- If you handle it the right way, you will cut near paper thin slices.
7- Super Deal Stainless Steel Slicer – Lightweight Meat Slicer
It is lightweight meat slicer, thus you can carry it with you for your business. It is worth using for a variety of prep tasks and foods of all kinds.
- It has a 10” stainless steel blade, and a numerical scale knob with adjustments between 0 and 0.5 inches.
- Equipped with a built-in sharpener.
- Due to automatic sharpening feature, this slicer stays sharp with minimal effort.
- The Heavy-duty components make it reliable for long-lasting performance.
8- KWS MS-10NT – Commercial Electric Meat Slicer
KWS MS-10NT Premium best commercial meat slicer has a 320 watts motor that is suited for commercial applications and home use. If you want to slice cheese, fruits, vegetables; it does the job smoothly and not require much efforts.
The slicer’s blade is constructed of coated stainless steel that is convenient and safe to use. The body of the meat slicer is built of a high-quality aluminum alloy that is durable and corrosion resistant.
- The body of the meat slicer is built of a high-quality aluminum alloy that is durable and corrosion resistant.
- It offers precision while providing several slicing adjustments to suit your needs.
- It has a skid-proof rubber foot that keeps the slicer in one position when slicing.
- Cut meats thinner than paper and cuts cheese without crumbling it.
9- VEVOR 10″ Blade – Meat Slicer for Home
This food slicer is built with a small and compact design that allows you to store and use it in kitchens with limited space. A skid-proof rubber is fixed at the bottom of this device keeps the machine in place during the use
VEVOR 10″ Blade Commercial Deli Meat slicer is an ideal device for you if you want to slice meat, fruits, vegetables, cheeses, and even bread. It does all jobs just perfect.
- The 10” heavy duty stainless steel blade is strong enough to cut almost every kind of foods even the tough meats or hard vegetables with ease.
- The knife is built with an adjustable design where you can adjust the cut thickness from 0-17mm.
- The electric food slicer features a ring guard for safety where it prevents accidental contact with the knife.
10- Waring Pro FS155AMZ – Professional Food Slicer
Waring Pro FS155AMZ Professional Food Slicer is among the best meat slicers in the market today. It is a fine unit that perform daily slicing job effectively, no matter its sandwich, salad or proper lunch. The body of slicer is made of die-cast aluminum housing and covered with quality stainless steel.
The slicer is awesome for home users but it guarantees a professional quality result. The stainless steel cutting blade on this ham slicer is undulated for perfect performance and measures 7.5 inches.
- The slicer has a powerful 130-watt motor and useful sharp edge.
- The stainless steel cutting blade on this ham slicer is undulated for perfect performance and measures 7.5 inches.
- You can create slices from 1/32 to 1/2 inch thick. This model features non slip feet for safe and steady operation.
- Professional portable meat slicer perfect for home use.
11- Gourmia GFS700 – Compact Meat Slicer
The slicer is built with a heavy-duty design where it has a die-cast aluminum housing, spacious sliding food carriage, and coated steel. The compact design of this machine makes it an ideal choice because it takes less space on the counter top.
The 180-watt motor allows it to easily slice a wide variety of foods including meat, cheese, bread, vegetables, and so on.
- It is equipped with a stainless steel serrated blade which has a diameter of 7.5 inches.
- It is built with an adjustable design that allows you to adjust the thickness handle from super thin to ¾ “ thick for precise sliced cheese and roasts.
- It has a suction grip bottom that that allows easy use on any surface because the suction grip is slip-resistant to provide stability.
- Get thin to thick cuts whichever way you like it!
The Final Verdict
When there are a range of meat slicers, there is no doubt that picking the best meat slicer is hard choice. For your ease, we have listed a comprehensive review of the 11 best meat slicers available in the market. The purpose of review is to help you so you can make a wise decision for the value of your money.
Any of the eleven mentioned meat slicers above can be perfect to be used. Remember the hot features, pros and cons of each meat slicer will lead you into making the right judgment.
Related Post: Best Multi Cooker for Home