Our kitchen drawers and cupboards are equipped with pots and pans of all shapes and sizes. But do we actually need ten different pans, casserole dishes, and roasting tins when one bit of kit could do? Well, a multi-cooker may convince you that the answer is no.
If this multipurpose appliance can pressure cook, bake, steam, roast, fry, sauté and simmer, then it may be worth getting one and doing away with all the clutter in your kitchen.
There are basically two types of pressure cookers commonly available today: electric pressure cookers and stove-top pressure cookers. The electric pressure cookers provide lots of options and simplicity of use while the stove-top models are sturdy, reliable, and provide the advanced user with some additional options.
There may be a place for both in your kitchen depending on the applications that you find engaging in the most.
When it comes to saving both time and money there is no better investment than getting a multi function cooker for your kitchen. So what is the best multi cooker and are they worth it?
If you would like to know more about best multi cookers and their versatility then please keep reading.
What is Here
- 1 How to Use Multi Cooker?
- 2 11 Best Multi Cookers in 2020
- 3 11- Crock-Pot 8-Quart – Cook for Large Family
- 4 10- Instant Pot DUO Plus 3 – Updated Version
- 5 9- Breville The Fast Slow Pro – High End Countertop Multicooker
- 6 8- Crock-Pot 6-Quart – Best Budget Cooker
- 7 7- Mealthy Multipot – Best Price Ranger Cooker
- 8 6- Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt – Computerized Pressure Cooker
- 9 5- Ninja OP 301 – Air Fryer & Pressure Cooker
- 10 4- Instant Pot Smart 6 Quart – WiFi Cooker
- 11 3- Cuisinart MSC-600 – Buyer’s Choice
- 12 2- Instant Pot LUX80 8 Qt – Best Seller
- 13 1- Instant Pot DUO 80 – Best Multi Cooker
- 14 The Final Verdict
How Select a Best Multi-Cooker?
There are plenty of options to choose from when buying a best multi-cooker, with models available from major small appliance manufacturers.
Factors you’ll need to take into account when comparing multi-cookers include:
The wattages usually range between 450 and up to 1400 watts. This wattage determines the life-span of your cooker as well as how fast it will cook. When you intend to use your multi-cooker regularly, you need to look for no less than 900 watts.
The capacity will depend on the number of people you regularly cook for. The general capacity ranges from two to eight quarts. If you have a large family or love entertaining an eight quart is your best bet.
Usually, you would measure a quart per person, while you might only be two or four people in your household, a larger cooker is better. You will have more space to cook to have left-overs while you will need a larger cooker when you entertain.
Check what cooking functions a multi-cooker supports and the range of dishes you’ll be able to prepare. Versatility is important, but be wary of paying extra for functions you’re unlikely to ever need.
Ease of Use
Are the buttons and dials easy to understand and access? Is there a display screen that shows cooking settings and other information? Is there a countdown timer so you know how long until dinner is ready and a delay-start feature so that your meal is cooked as soon as you get home from work? If you can get a copy of the instruction manual online, it’s worth checking whether this is also easy to understand.
Timer Capabilities and Keep Warm
Timer capabilities allow you to set up your prepared food and set the pot to start in a couple of hours and then also cook for a specific period. Then it will also be able to keep the cooked food warm without drying or spoiling the food. These are vital aspects to look for.
Even though a multi-cooker is not a risky pot to use, safety remains important when you consider you are leaving the cooker unattended for long periods. You want an overheating protector that automatically shuts down or pressure release when using the pressure pot feature.
Most multi-cookers will come with a recipe book to help you start using your machine. Others come with a range of pre-programmed settings that walk you through the recipes for popular dishes such as curries, soups or roast dinners.
You will need accessories to get the most out of your multi-cooker. Aside from the fact that your multi-cooker interior should be non-stick, it goes without reason that you want to use accessories that will not damage it.
It is useful when you get the spatula, spoons, measuring cups, steamer and baskets instead of buying everything separate. It is very useful when you are inexperienced and a first-time multi-cooking chef to get a cookbook thrown into the mix as well.
Check that the bowl is removable and dishwasher-safe. Make sure the buttons and the exterior of the machine are also simple to wipe down and keep clean, with minimal gaps where food and other gunk might get caught. The lid and pressure valve will also require careful cleaning to ensure that they function properly.
How to Use Multi Cooker?
11 Best Multi Cookers in 2020
Kitchen appliances that can be used for multiple purposes are more efficient and cost-effective than harboring an arsenal of different devices.
A multi cooker is typically able to boil, fry, deep fry, simmer, roast, grill and steam food. When selecting one, though, you do need to be a little sharp since you want to opt for something that is efficient, affordable, long-lasting and dependable. These are our best multi cookers for 2019, which you can browse through and choose.
11- Crock-Pot 8-Quart – Cook for Large Family
The Crock-Pot 8-Quart Express Crock XL Multi-Cooker can cook meals up to 70% faster than traditional cooking and has enough capacity to serve nutritious. It can cook meals for large families or parties of ten people or more.
Crock-Pot’s 6-quart Express is a master at slow cooking, but it also pressure cooks, browns, sautés, and steams. It comes to pressure much more quickly and cooks perfectly silently with no sputtering or hissing of steam. It also has a non-stick cook pot, which is a mixed blessing.
- Cooks up to 70% faster than traditional cooking methods, when using the Pressure Cook setting.
- Easily make a variety of healthy meals at a touch of a button, like chili, soups, risotto, and more by using any of the convenient one-touch meal settings.
- Airtight locking lid stays locked until pressure is released for added safety (the lid must be in the locked position when pressure cooking).
- Equipped with a recipe book, steaming rack, and serving spoon.
- The pre-programmed buttons are great when you have no idea how long to cook something.
10- Instant Pot DUO Plus 3 – Updated Version
You can easily dial in your preferred cooking mode on the Instant Pot DUO Plus 9-in-1. Plus/minus buttons are then used to adjust temperature and time.
The Instant Pot DUO Plus 3 Qt 9-in-1 cooked pretty much everything well, with dishes ranging from rice and beans to corned beef coming out quite tasty.
- The large LCD of this model is quite nice, as it displays clear and easily readable indicators.
- The lid has a small extension on each side that lets you rest it upright in either one of the pot’s handles. This means you can get the lid out of the way without putting it on the counter.
- Built with the latest 3rd generation technology, dual pressure settings, 3 temperatures in saute, and slow cook function.
- It has a stainless steel cooking pot.
9- Breville The Fast Slow Pro – High End Countertop Multicooker
Where this unit really shines is its digital LCD display, which is lacking in all the other cookers. If you’re new to multi cookers than this is great choice for you.
There is usually no display to tell you what’s going on beyond the current cook time and pressure setting. With the Breville Fast Slow Pro, the display tells you when it’s building pressure, cooking and releasing steam by changing color.
- There are 11 pressure cook settings plus a customizable setting for those who like more of a hands on approach.
- If you want to keep the fully cooked food warm until you’re ready to eat, there’s a Keep Warm function.
- The cooking bowl is aluminum with PTFE/PFOA free ceramic coating and the hinged lid can be operated one handed.
8- Crock-Pot 6-Quart – Best Budget Cooker
Meat or stew, beans or chili, rice or risotto, yogurt, poultry, dessert, soup, and multigrain.
It speed up your cooking time so you can spend more time with your loved ones and less time preparing food in the kitchen.
- The simple interface allows you to change the amount of pressure and cook time applied to your food so you can get just the right consistency.
- It also gives you the ability to make one-pot meals easily by allowing you to steam, brown, or saute before programming the cooker.
- It features plenty of safety precautions, like an airtight locking lid that only opens when the pressure has been released so you can feel safe using it.
7- Mealthy Multipot – Best Price Ranger Cooker
The Mealthy MultiPot 9-in-1 is one of the best electric pressure cookers in its price range. With this pressure cooker, you can perform various tasks including making cakes, slow cooking, steaming, cooking rice, warming pre-cooked meals, making yogurt, pasteurizing, and sautéing.
It has a mobile app, after registration on website you can download easy to cook recipes and watch step by step videos.
- This pressure cooker comes with a lot of extra accessories including silicone mitts, an extra silicone gasket, steamer basket, steam rack, a ladle, a rice paddle, and a measuring cup.
- It is a 9-in-1 appliance with 14 cooking programs that are easy to use.
- Progress indicator will keep you informed about the status of the cooking (preheating, cooking, end) so no more guesswork.
- Adjustable pressure level for high and low pressure cooking.
6- Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt – Computerized Pressure Cooker
The flexibility that the programming creates for the user makes this one of the more versatile cooking gadgets you can have in your kitchen. The computer programing makes it a safer cooking system compared to a manual stove top pressure cooker.
- A very good feature is the switch: it is made entirely by a single button, located under the LCD screen. After a little adaptation, you get used to it: it’s intuitive and simple.
- The Ultra has a cooking graph that displays the progress through the preheat, cooking and warming phases so you know right where you are in the process. The LCD display is miles ahead of any of the control panels on any other model offered by Instant Pot.
- Venting, Quick release and the Pressure Regulator are improved. The vent/regulator now is controlled by a separate button – the Quick Release button, Push the button into the locking position and it pops the Vent up to release the pressure, turn the quick release knob and unlock the Vent so it drops back down and stops the pressure from releasing.
- You can set the exact Temp, as low as 104 degree and as high as 208 degrees.
5- Ninja OP 301 – Air Fryer & Pressure Cooker
A great solution is the Ninja OP301 which functions include pressure cooker, air fryer and steamer. In short a multi-purpose electric pressure cooker in one.
The pot is very easy to operate since it’s very similar to other electric pressure pots and the included cookbook is useful for commonly cooked items. This is a terrific all-in-one cooking appliance that should provide years of satisfaction.
- It has a fairly functional display screen, explaining to you what is going on in the pot. It tells you how much time is left and other useful information.
- The Ninja Foodi is very intuitive, and the controls are straightforward to understand.
- It does everything pretty well. Air crisping is done using the air frying lid, with a temperature that is adjustable, making it ideal for a wide range of recipes.
- You can make your food crispy after pressure cooking by using crisp setting.
4- Instant Pot Smart 6 Quart – WiFi Cooker
Do you want greater levels of control over your cooking? Do you want to be able to control things from an easy-to-use, intuitive app rather than having to flip through a thousand settings on a tiny LCD screen? Then the Instant Pot Smart WiFi 6 Quart Multi-use pressure cooker is the right choice for you.
Though all cookers are smart, but this cooker defines the true meaning of smart. It is able to send notifications to you when the cooking is done.
This is not just a pressure cooker. It’s also a slow cooker, porridge cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, searing pan, saute pan, steamer, and has the ability to keep the food warm.
- It is equipped with a stainless steel bowl with a capacity of 6 l, enough to ensure the preparation of a meal for several people.
- Several cooking programs are available with direct access on the front panel of this device, these programs include: meat, fish, rice, yoghurt, cakes, beans, porridge, as well as Steam or sweets/desserts cooking programs.
- The control panel allows you to adjust cooking parameters, pressure levels, as well as keeping meals warm.
- There are over 750 recipes that are pre-programmed in the app as well, so you can easily pick a recipe, check if you have the ingredients, and then press the utensils icon when you’re ready to begin the cooking process.
3- Cuisinart MSC-600 – Buyer’s Choice
It has three programmable cooking functions, you can brown meats or chicken, sauté vegetables, and slow cook any food without needing to switch to another cooker.
A Cuisinart 3 in 1 slow cooker with Brown/Saute function lets you add flavor to meat dishes by using the crock vessel just like a skillet on a stovetop.
- To ensure fuss-free use, this unit is equipped with digital controls. It has dedicated buttons for different functions so you don’t have to waste your time pressing a single button repeatedly to select what you want the appliance to do.
- The cuisinart cook central 6-quart multi cooker comes with preset function buttons (Brown/Saute, Steam & Slow Cook) with high, low, simmer and auto keep warm settings.
- The cuisinart cook central 3-in-1 multi-cooker comes with a wider and more shallow pot than other crock pots.
- The cool touch handle made of hard plastic allows you monitor the cooking progress and stays cool throughout the cooking to prevent you from burning your hand when lifting to check cooking progress.
- It has blue backlit LCD display with programmable 24-hour timer.
2- Instant Pot LUX80 8 Qt – Best Seller
Instant Pot LUX80 8 Qt is a programmable pressure cooker that can run up to 4 hours and reduces overall cooking time by 70 percent.
It combines 6 appliances; in addition to the pressure-cooking function, it is also a slow cooker, warmer, and sautés foods, not to mention being a rice cooker and steamer.
- A key benefit is that the LUX80 is faster cooking than a traditional pressure cooker and easy to use.
- Especially designed for a beginner cooker or someone looking for a faster way to make healthy meals at home.
- Multiple functions include: pressure cooking, slow cooking, steaming, rice cooking, sautéing, and warming program.
- You can turn off and on sound as you needed.
1- Instant Pot DUO 80 – Best Multi Cooker
The most popular choice among multi-cookers is a mid-range model from a brand that is instantly recognizable and has earned itself a legion of fans. The Instant Pot DUO80 7 in 1 cooker can do almost everything possible.
The microprocessor on this multi-cooker uses the latest 3rd gen technology to monitor temperature and pressure and automatically adjusts the cooking time and heating intensity to cook a dish perfectly and consistently according to your selection every time.
- It has an easy to use control panel with 14 pre-programmed cooking functions, from Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili and Poultry, to Rice, Multigrain, Porridge and Yogurt, to Sauté/Simmer, Steam, Slow Cook, Pressure Cook, Keep Warm, and Manual.
- You can delay the start of cooking for up to 24 hours and the keep warm function ensures that you will have a hot meal when you’re ready to eat.
The Final Verdict
Cooking’s never easy. But if you have reliable equipment that will assist you in your cooking needs, you’ll find it fun and enjoyable to do.
A good quality, safe multi pressure cooker is not a simple appliance as you can see. There are so many features which it has to have in order to ensure the safety of your home and family, and so that it can cook you delicious, nutritious and healthy food at all times.
Hopefully, mentioned above Best Multi Cookers Review makes you able to pick out your dream best electric pressure cooker from the list. After wise purchase, can soon start enjoying the fast, less-messy and healthier cooking experience with your new appliance right away!
Make sure to consider the factors mentioned and always invest in high-quality and reliable cooking equipment.